1. What personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
We may collect and process the following types of personal information about you:
- We log your Internet Protocol (IP) address. The IP address indicates the location of your computer on the Internet and is used to connect your computer to the Internet.
- When you register with us, use our services, book to attend an event or submit a subscription request (e.g. to receive a newsletter or for marketing information), make an enquiry (either by submitting an online enquiry form or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise), and/or if you apply to work for Freeman Clarke, you may be asked to provide some personal information such as your name and contact details (including telephone number, home address, date of birth and email address) and website registration credentials (username and password). Please note that if you send us your CV, you may be asked to provide us with certain additional sensitive personal data.
- We may also, from time to time while you are accessing the Site, request you to complete a survey form which may relate either to your use of the Site and/or information posted on the Site.
Your personal information is necessary to enable Freeman Clarke to deal with your enquiry, but additional information may be requested to help us to provide the most appropriate response. If such additional information is requested, it is highlighted and its provision is voluntary.
2. Sensitive personal data
4. Use of information and opt-out
5. Accessing and Updating information
6. Provision of information to third parties
8. Retention of information
9. Protecting your information
We take your online security seriously and have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Once we have received your information we will ensure that the collection and use of your information is in accordance with the Act. All personnel of Freeman Clarke are required to keep personal information confidential and only authorised persons have access to such information.Please note, however, that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Criminals have and are using techniques aimed to defraud and exploit website users.Typical types of criminal activities include:
- Email and website scams (including fraudulent emails and phishing);
- Website spoofing (i.e. where a criminal will steal a website’s code and create a fake website. This website will appear to be legitimate, but may in fact be a spoof);
- Lottery and sweepstakes letter scams.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.How you can protect yourself:
- Passwords: make sure that you choose a password which can be easily remembered but cannot be guessed. Also remember to change your password regularly and never share your password with another person. Passwords should not be written down or stored on your computer.
- Security questions: always choose a mix of questions that you think will be difficult for another person to guess the answers to.
- Logging out: once you have finished a session, always remember to log out of any accounts which you have signed in for and ensure that any share computer is not left unattended at any time.
- Stay vigilant: check that your anti-virus software and firewall settings are kept up to date. We will never ask you for your password or send you emails asking you for this type of information.
If you have any concerns or questions about the security of our Site or any personal information we collect from you, please do not hesitate to contact us.