Winning with Strategy – with Roger Martin-Fagg
Join us at this stunning venue where you will be served a delicious cooked breakfast, network with around 40 other local leaders, and hear from leading behavioural economist, Roger Martin-Fagg. You will gain insights on the Economic Outlook for the next two years and understand the importance of Strategy to a growing business.
What is Strategy?
Our acclaimed keynote speaker Roger Martin-Fagg will take us through the stages of business growth and how strategy needs to evolve and be articulated at each stage. The growth path is never smooth and two chasms can always be predicted in advance. How do you get your business across these chasms? How does the business need to be positioned for success? How do you get your employees on board?
Roger will cover:
- Three words: Positioning, Distinctive and Compelling
- The stages of growth for a typical business and the strategy at each stage
- The key differences between Strategy, Business Planning and Budgeting
- Generic Positioning: the importance of choosing your customer base
- ‘Compelling’ and ‘Brand’ are driven by values and behaviour: a look at the linkages
- How to avoid weasel words when crafting a Strategy
Guest Speaker – Roger Martin-Fagg
Roger is an economist turned strategist. He began his career with the NZ Treasury, then the UK Air Transport Industry, before teaching post-grads at Thames Valley University. In 1978 Roger started working with SME business owners and since then has facilitated strategic reviews with a diverse group of SMEs. He is a visiting fellow to Ashridge, Warwick and Henley Business Schools. Roger focuses on how the economy REALLY works and on the links between the FT100 reward systems, the behaviour of banks, and economic instability.
- A clearer understanding of the marketing set up needed to scale your business
- More clarity on the marketing gaps in your business that need addressing
- Direct access to an online assessment tool that will help highlight the status of your marketing set up versus what’s required to scale the business
Who Should Attend?
This is an exclusive event for C-suite leaders and owners of mid-market businesses.
Enquire about this event
For more information and to apply to attend, please contact [email protected]